Wednesday 4 September 2013

What a slug

Growing up with a strong vegetarian Mother and having lots of positive vegetarian relationships in my life has generally encouraged me to respect animal's rights to a life without harm or slaughter. I'm generally very nice to the environment in total. I recycle. I don't waste money on records or cds. I only buy expensive clothes not those produced for ten pence an hour. Oh Hi COS. Oh Hi & Other Stories. 

But sometimes as Robin Thicke says, it's just your turn to start degrading the world. 

"People say, ‘Hey, do you think this is degrading to women?’ I’m like, ‘Of course it is. What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I’ve never gotten to do that before. I’ve always respected women,” he said.

Like him, I've been good for 26 years, cough cough he probably has fifty under his expanding Burtons waistline, but now it's time to shake a little loose. Engage in a little animal objectification. 


In Lisbon I was highly attracted by the "Hay caracois" signs dotted around poky old bars. Ooh such an exotic way to say "we've got snails". I'm definitely tempted now. I know they want it dressed up like that in those cute little shells.

Before I knew what I was doing I'd inhaled about 100 of the little things. With their tiny little eyes all silently begging to be sucked out of their homes into my waiting mouth. 

And just like Robin who claimed his video did not denigrate women “because all three [artists in the video] are happily married with children”, I would say that I'm still a huge respecter of animal and environmental rights but that these snails were just really asking for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment