Sunday 9 May 2010

Where are my juicy bits???

Went out last night with Harrie for a little dancey dance. We were both wearing outfits with a ruff on them by some humorous twist of fate so I labelled us the ruff sisters. Marky thought this was very funny. I think he was making out we were r o u g h. Not very nice is he??

Accidentally stayed at home until midnight sipping on my wine cellar but the timing really was serendipitous as nearly straight out the door bumped into Alex's old housemate Dan who ended up giving me nearly all of his kebab to eat. Here's a tip: Never give me food to hold. It was my first kebab so it really needs documenting.

This is how to make them at home if you want. Toss sliced lamb with grated onion, mash 3 cloves garlic with a little salt. Add garlic, 1tsp cumin, 1/2
cayenne pepper, 4 tsp olive oil, 1tsp oregano to sliced lamb and toss well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until v hot- allow lamb two mins each side. Fill the pitta pockets with the lamb, lemon juice, yoghurt, oregano and spring onions.
See this blog isn't just a recipe for a disaster!

So anyway, continued out and ended up at the Jazz bar. Had loads of fun. Made friends with this stupid guy. I was really mean to him and winced and screeched every time he came near me. And I made him give me every drink he bought or i'd crush the plastic cup with my hand so it dripped out anyway. He told Harrie he thought I was the perfect girl for him! Hmm. Harrie meanwhile was having her own problems/fun with other pups. We tumbled out eventually to find it was light outside. Unfortunately us poor little darlings then began to get dragged off to some after party with our new "friends". They just couldn't give us up! They were too persistent for our fragile heads so we waited till we'd sent them into a shop to buy us drinks (I was insisting on orange juice with juicy bits) and ran off. Well.. as fast as we could handle.


I really regretted missing out on my orange juice with juicy bits though. I was angry about it all the way home. I thought my silly idiot should have chased after the bus to give it to me. He knew I was ill. I was shouting at him in my head all the way to bed.

Slept like a baby straight through to eleven when I was hauled out of bed and to the Hoxton Bar and Grill in the same clothes I've been wearing since thursday. The waitor actually thought I was one of the Harajuku girls! Must have been my half open tired eyes. Had a lovely plate of eggs benedict to restore my wealth of health.

Now bathed and relaxed and waiting for Bob's arrival I'm finally chugging on a cold carton of orange juice with juicy bits. Aah heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment