Monday 3 May 2010

Slag bol

Oh Gosh what a bank holiday was had! After work I was anticipating a nice quiet evening on Sunday night of nourishment for body and mind (good food and 90210 catch up respectively) but somehow it all unravelled. Starting with Dashy serving us chicken dippers and beans for dinner. Probably all went downhill from there...

The next day bruised and battered and terribly hungover I somehow trawled into work, medicated people, cooked a two course meal, persuaded someone not to get her toes pierced and drove the automatic people carrier to the hospital in rush hour for the first time.
You can imagine then how terribly grateful I was when I got home and Marky was cooking up this beauty! It had mince, bacon, mushrooms, onions, celery, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and red wine all mulching up together for quite some time.
I practically sank into it!

Afterwards Dashy and Alex went on a magnum run. The boys said I probably did need an ice pack after all that activity!
MMm. All you could hear was happy slurping as we watched the film Ponyo. I then fell asleep nestled between Dashy and Alex. Finally worn out!

xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment