Friday 12 November 2010

I spy pie season


I'm so hungover I can barely type but I have to water my blog drought so here are some pictures of pies.
The first is a chicken pie from when I wined and dined Bobbeh. I used leftover chicken from a roast. I softened up a bed of leeks and mushrooms in butter and tucked them into the pastry dish, laid the chicken on, poured in a thick creamy white sauce and buttoned down the hatches with the pastry lid. It was ever so dreamy. Seeped everywhere. I like that effect. The other day I made my first poached egg. It was so perfect that when I bit into the english muffin the egg inside dripped all down my hand.

The second Alex made for Chaz for her October birthday. We like labelling our pies with the
recipient's name. He used butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, condensed milk and some other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment