Friday 12 November 2010

A SMASHing meal

I'm going to give you a little history lesson today.
Once upon a time... the vegelez options were notoriously poor. On one such occasion Dani Bristol went to Canada (I think) where the assembled company were served sausage and smash for dinner. She of course couldn't let that sausage pass her pure organic lips so had to suffer through the vegetarian option of just smash!

Thankfully times have changed and not only do we get real potato mash these days but
there are some very nice vegelez alternatives.

I went round the other day and was treated to a steaming bowl of fake
sausages (very nice), mash potato and thick onion gravy. Just what my shivering body craved.

For pudding we got another winter warmer of crumble with hot custard. Then Dani and
I kicked Sparkles out the room and snuggled up in bed to knit tea cosies and watch Despies. That sort of night should be
prescribed instead of winter fuel allowance!




No comments:

Post a Comment