Friday 4 February 2011

Holy mackerel!

Recently I had to help someone attend some Saint's day at a Greek Orthodox Church. It was quite an ordeal. I had to wear a sticker with the Saint's face on it, light four candles, kiss all the icons whilst crossing myself, be the only person there under fifty, be the only one wearing colour (bright red), be the only non Greek..

All this did not stop me taking Holy Communion. Which I only did because I was hungry.. Didn't really get anything good though. A spoonful of honey wine stuff and a chunk of slightly stale bread! At least the Quakers had a proper bring and share lunch after it.

So I was very hungry by the time I got to Granny's later in the week for lunch. I thanked God for providing me with copious amounts of crusty bread and fish (anchovies).
Which I ate like I was a penguin! Mmm. Had to feed myself cos Mum refused to pretend that she was at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment