Thursday 10 March 2011

Yellow, is it me you're looking for?

When I was in New York recently my Uncle and I went to the farmer's market and were shamed into buying a dozen eggs for $8. Not noticing the $4 ones on the next stall. Oh well, I think the hippy woman said they were fed on falafel, or alfalfa, or something good for us.

For the first few mornings I tiptoed around them in the kitchen feeling that I couldn't possibly be worth a 75 cent egg for breakfast. At that point I hadn't even worked out which coins made up 75 cents.

However, after some gentle chiding from Robin about wasting the most expensive eggs in the world I took the plunge and ate scrambled eggs for days on end.
Look how bright yellow they were. More than the bananas and my Reiss jumper. They were the yellowest eggs I'd ever found. Shame that everything I make looks a bit like sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment