Tuesday 3 May 2011

The river delivered

Most days in my head I end up singing that old classic from Pocahontas: Just around the river bend. It speaks to me because I like water, and I've got really dark brown eyes like her. Kindred.

It goes "La la la, I look once more, Just around the riverbend, Beyond the shore, Where the gulls fly free, Don't know what for, What I dream the day might send, Just around the riverbend, For me, Coming for meeeeeeeeeee."


Well the other day around the river bend I got some right treats. Finally coaxed some boy into liking me a bit you see. He took me to NOPI, just because I'd been going on about Yotam so much. Then we went for a Pimms on the South Bank. THEN we got the boat along the river to Kew. THEN we went for a late lunch on the riverbank. THEN we sat watching the sunset pretending we were locals. I wished I had my designer wellies and my designer dog for that part.

Shall I do a restaurant review? Yes, says my one reader.
Ok then. Nopi was very nice. My lemon pancakes were lovely, and Tom's black rice and mango was also delish. Although the waiter took away our sourbread when we weren't finished. But then the toilets were well cool to make up for it, and this time I wasn't sick in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment