Wednesday 15 January 2014

Bottling out of freshers week (circa 2012 or something)

 When I started university (again..) Granny rang me up to say that she hoped I wasn't going to  be one of those getting drunk in freshers week. She'd seen them in the paper.  I heartily agreed with her.
I was going to be busy preserving fruit  rather than my modesty anyway.

First I had a few new squeezes to attend to. No that that kind! My hands are more than full with Louis. I had stewed crabapples juicing in an old sheet so I could strain all the liquid through to get liquid for jelly. I had rosehips warming in a pan. Blackberries in the freezer. And pears still to be peeled. All needing my knowing fingers' attention.

Mum said I should say to my new classmates the next day. "I bet none of you did this last night?"
"Mum we're in Leicester... When I meet someone who knows what a crabapple is I'll let you know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment