Thursday 2 September 2010

I just can't function without a good luncheon

Roast rolled round this afternoon for a late lunch and cuddle. I'd previously tempted him round with the offer of spaghetti hoops and grated cheese on toast but flicking through Nigella Legspress our greedy eyes were caught by something entitled: Back from the bar snack. A gooey mixture of potatoes, peas, bacon, eggs and cheddar cheese.

I think if you actually ate it in the middle of the night as she suggests you'd put on a stone then and there but it meant we could have fun sprawling on the bed in our gaping silk robes, flicking the light on along with our hair, and pawing down the stairs for a pretend midnight stuffing.
Oh we were very Nigella and started hoovering up our snacky cheese straws when at the till. Think the cashier blushed!

We began watching Annie Hall but half succumbed to sleep, so weighed down with potatoes and cheese as we were. Mmm what would wake us up?

I know! A quadruple chocolate loaf cake! We accidentally got a bit worked up by Nigella bandying about words like 'drenched', 'glory', and 'melting squidginess falling darkly onto my white sheets' and the chocolate batter got everywhere!
Surprised we didn't end up on the floor in a buttery mess!

After picking the chest hair out the batter we slid it into a loaf tin and into to oven for 45 mins.

All that was left was to enjoy a slice with a cup of tea, and to wash my clothes!

Roast practically needed a 'obesicycle' to get home after that marathon meal, and I need someone to lick the last few splodges from under my chin. I just can't reach and I promise it's tasty!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment