Thursday 20 October 2011

In a curry to go home

During the night I was sick twice. Once I couldn't even be bothered to get up to go to the toilet so I just did it on the sheet. Add my print to the selection of stains already there.
El's alarm woke us at 3am for the sunrise walk up Kalaputur to view Everest. I was quite pleased I'd been sick as then I could have a lie in. Pemba came to my sleeping bag to touch me up, I mean feel my glands, and he declared that I was definitely too ill to go. I took his advice. Always trust your guide.

Hours later the others came back, we had omelette for breakfast, and began our descent. You'll be pleased to hear that within four hours we'd dropped down so far that my mountain fever was quite cleared up. I'd survived. Unlike the Danish firefighters who'd had to be carried down by a horse as they'd gone temporarily blind with altitude sickness. Hmm. Maybe my one or two trips to the cinema in my walking boots did prep me better for adventure than their two months of hard training.

Had a really nice curry for dinner and I perked right up.
Got my book out and looked very interested in nothing else but that in front of Pemba. Worked like a charm as suddenly he was at my side asking about it. Not sure he can read but had a go at explaining it anyway.

Then I played charades by myself to entertain everyone before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment