Sunday 11 March 2012

Going green

Feel too tired today to write any new posts now I'm a Chingford commuter so like a good little Guardian reader I'm going to start recycling. This is the first ever post from 2009.

I'm going where no Fran has gone before and starting a blog. Only because all my friends have them and I feel left out. I've got a few months before my new job will start and I haven't got much money so i'll mainly be writing about staying inside the house. Those box sets won't watch themselves!

Today I got back from my Mum's birthday weekend in Edinburgh and Roast came round to make a toad in the hole. Dave was already here when I returned home so we had a cuddle and some Scottish shortbread. Careful not to get crumbs on Jim's freshly cleaned bedroom (this is where we all sit in my flat as we don't have a sitting room).
The four of us meandered through Shoreditch park to the Co-op and got toad in the hole ingredients, mince pies and brandy cream. Roasty really likes doing the cooking so he did most of it, I was in charge of the carrots and the other boys started on X Factor.


Toad in the Hole. Prick the sausages and pop them in an oven dish with a tbls of oil. Put in the oven for 10 mins at gas mark 4. Crack 2 large/3 med eggs into a measuring jug. Take note of how much they take up in the jug then put the eggs into another bowl. Then measure out the same amount of flour and add to the egg bowl. Then the same amount of milk and add that. Whisk. Pour mixture on top of sausages (the oil in the dish must be hot). Half an hour cooking. We made gravy, sticky bottomed carrots from Jamie Oliver's how to cook book and did some broccoli to go with it. Mmmmm.

Everybody really enjoyed it. I'm going to have to wash my new heat tech leggings after all that spilling.
We then watched x factor, I'm a Celebrity and the Osborne thing all cuddled up together. Had to end when Jim made us watch the football. Bye for now. Sweet slumber angels xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment