Thursday 15 March 2012

Let's galette outta this place!

On my penultimate day in Charterhouse I invited myself to sleep on Alex's sofa as I had cleverly had all my furniture removed days before. I went to the garage to mount Rhapsody, and shock horror, she was gone! Had some weeping neighbour taken her as a souvenir? One did accost me to mention that she was very sad I was leaving as her family really liked me. "Not the other two". She actually said that.. Oh. Maybe I should have been the one to complain more when they threw rubbish into our garden.

Anyway. Where am I? Three days previously, I had cycled to Kingsland road to go to Tesco, and walked back, quite forgetting about my trusty stead. Poor lamb. Hurriedly I ran and got her (no one could lift her to steal her I assume..) and pedalled over to Alex's.

When I got there Alex and Chaz were producing puy lentil galettes and fennel and pomegranate
salade to practise for the impending house warming of the year. They were very nice. Thinking about how careful I would need to be not to drop creamy puy lentils on my silk dress, I practised my eating skills over the new sanded table. Spill and die is the house motto. Maybe Payne and Bond could whip them up a nice carved sign for the door.

Gorged on galettes, Chaz regretted a spontaneous purchase of ten cans of beans and a loaf. I don't know who she thinks has a big appetite around here? I definitely haven't got an appetite for life at the moment as I managed to slip through the hand of a party and into Alex and Tom's guestbedding trunk. So, swaddled in sheets I slept right through on their sofa to the next day when I left Charterhouse for good.
"Ah Sad".*


* Alex said that after we dropped our keys off. See he must have liked living with me really!


No comments:

Post a Comment