Sunday 8 April 2012

Water, water everywhere

But not a drop to drink!

Lately I've been as worried as the farmers about the rich body of land I possess. Without a steady supply of chocolate fertilizer I just can't stay in tip top condition. The grave situation is this: for the last month I haven't had any chocolatey snacks. There's fruit, cheese, crumpets in abundance at Granny's, but none of what I really need to keep from drying up.

Then suddenly on Thursday I noticed drops of salvation appearing...
Two creme eggs on the side for my Aunty Mary, a bag of mini eggs in a drawer strictly to decorate a cake, a whole box of Thorntons delivered with the note 'Do not eat until Dad arrives', even Easter eggs for the patients at work!



Yet I was banned from eating them all, as hose pipes are from parched flower beds. My dry mouth could hardly unstick itself to open in protest. Not a drop for me?

Luckily "Christ's ressurection" was just around the corner, and with that the wells filled up (I got given 3 large Easter eggs, 12 little tiny ones, 2 medium ones, and a chocolate bunny). Indeed overflowed. The fields unwrinkled, the crops straightened, the buds unfurled. Praise be to Cadbury! I felt like Mary Magdalene herself was bathing my fevered brow with a flannel of melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment