Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Mum Mansion

The last three days are as blurry to me as Freshers week. How many currys have I eaten? How many boys have I snogged?
I think I'm so knocked out by onion bhaji grease and the thick heat of the train that I can't think straight. I know we've had a very social three days anyway. 

We were in a luxury homestay in acres of cocoa, coffee and pepper plantations in the mountains. It had a pool, a treehouse with a bower growing through the bathroom, and tea and biscuits at 5pm on the terrace. We were greeted from our car by stewards with cool face flannels. I was tempted to do a Dad in the Sanegal restaurant in Lutterworth, and do my armpits, but I resisted. 

After watching the Sound of  Music on our widescreen we went down for pre dinner drinks by the pool with the other guests. I can just about remember having a tranquilliser cocktail. Ro had two and declared she felt smashed. I could tell as An Audience with Rosie was in full swing to the assembled retirees. Our faves were Chantal and John, Rebecca and Nigel, and Jill and Roy. I may have got a bit too fawny at one point and told Jill I wanted to be her. I just love a good Mum. 

We ate assorted buffet currys, and for pudding consumed a large amount of rice pudding, fried bananas and bears in passion fruit syrup, and Ro's stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment