Wednesday 30 May 2012

An enchanted picnic

For my birthday present, Bob and I went to see the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in Kensington Palace gardens.
Beforehand we settled down on a rug under a tree. I think she thought we were on a date.
No, we're not going to end up like the couple rolling about a few yards away. No matter how cold it gets. I bought my thermal leggings exactly for that reason.

Although...Then I saw the picnic. I'll do anything for food. Especially picnic food. I think that was why I stayed with Andy for so long at Uni. His Mum just kept stocking his cupboard with chocolate rolls and hula hoops. Yes of course I'll dress up in your hockey kit and shin pads. Now give me some Cadbury's fingers!

I digress. We had the most amazing picnic. Ham cooked with cherry cola, potted prawns, potato salid, normal salid, roast salmon, breadsticks, champagne, and gooey chocolate cake to eat with a spoon.



After all that food I was glad I wasn't staying with David Haddrell's friend in Paris!
Private joke eh Dave ;)





I have to say, we were pretty popular with all the baby starlings in the tree above. I hope their Mum's let them eat chocolate cake. Don't want it to spoil their tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment