Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hi fans,

Since I'm too scared of the house to go down to breakfast I'm going to sit in bed blogging and eating mars bars until it's time to go to work. Oh. I don't know how I'll go to work without showering. But I can't go in the bathroom either..

Now I'm stuck here I might as well give you a first in the form of an actual recipe.


Time to get meaty:

Method (for 6):

In a medium heat pan with a little olive oil colour the cubed pancetta. When it is lightly golden all over add in chopped or crushed garlic and reduce the heat to take the edge off the garlic.Add in 1 big or two medium onions that have been peeled and halved (remove before service). Simmer for 20-30 mins whilst you make your balls. 


For the meatballs I injected some summer into beef mince in the form of finely diced apple, celery and onion. I added breadcrumbs from the remnants of my chocolate sandwich earlier, chopped parsley and grated cheese. I mixed these together with an egg. Then grilled them. 

Added to the sauce. Spooned over spaghetti. We purposely did a lot of spaghetti which backfired this morning when, already terrified, I woke to the sound of a scary crow eating the remains off the grass. 

I also awoke at 1pm to the dulcet tones of Bob wishing me goodbye. I asked why she was leaving and she said she had to go to work. But Bob, it's not time yet. You can't love looking at photos of the Cannes film festival that much! Obviously, the house spirits had conspired to make her leave me so they could do their ghost stuff on me in the night. I calmed her down/locked her back next to me and she slept ready in her clothes till morning. 

Can you imagine realising when you arrived at the station that it was only 1am? Not 6am. She would have to have stayed there as she didn't have a key back in the house. Naughty ghosts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment