Wednesday 30 May 2012

Old before her time

We saw this ten year old quite a lot in an around the theatre. Thomasina the ten year old. 
She put us quite to shame with her cheeky white summer dress, hair in a high ballet bun, dangly earrings, white leather and gold sandals, boxy leather bag, and exposed bra. 
If only we'd made the effort! She was chatting on her two mobile phones as her Mum propelled her along.  Yes dahling, I will call you back, but I've just GOT to pop into Paul's boutique. I have to be home to do my homework and I go to bed at nine... 

She'll be just like the remains of our picnic will be when it spent all night resting in the wicker basket in the hallway. Overripe. I'll give you the recipe for the potted prawns, as Bob told me it. 

Cook the prawns in butter. Add mace (we don't know what mace is, just like this child doesn't yet know that early puberty isn't all that..), paprika, and more butter. Then chill it so it kind of sets. Ours was quite wet, courtesy of Bob's four hour commute on a warm day, but it was absolutely delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment