Monday 11 June 2012

Pining

Wales was so good.

I had a walk, had a bath, ate food prepared for me. Kind of like living at Granny's but with mountains and alcohol.

On the train home I would have carried on crying about leaving, but for my packed tea making it impossible to chew and sigh at once.

I took some slices of bread, the rest of the chutney, about eleven fruity oaty chocolatey cereal bars, some warm hunks of cheese, and an apple. The crowning glory was a large slice of Dave's pine nut cake. It is seriously the best cake ever. So juicy. I remember once, a nut allergy sufferer asking me, what do pine nuts taste like? Probably like death to you, but to me, delicious.

I would ask Dave for the recipe but I'm pretty sure my five readers just skip through that part when I bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment