Friday 8 June 2012

Lettuce have loads of fun

On Friday I eased my work-aching bones into a seat on the 18.10 to Wrexham and settled down to enjoy my packed supper of homemade quiche, new potatoes, and babybel. I rustled about in my large bag to find it. My eager fingers made contact with the knife and fork. Then some odd plastic bags I just happen to keep around for emergencies. Then a large plastic tub. I retrieved it gratefully and opened the lid.

Nothing but fresh garden lettuce! Just lettuce. In my haste I'd taken the wrong tub from the fridge. Serves me right for keeping everything in recycled Vitalite tubs. Next thing I'll be picking up Bob's primary school teacher's tub of tampons kept in the art cupboard for her.*

Well, let's just say that the poor man next to me bore the brunt of some two hours worth of sighs and scowls. It would have been worth his while to buy me a sandwich just to shut me up.

*Extremely in-joke.

Luckily all was soothed by the next day when we had lasagne with a side of fresh garden lettuce, after a fresh windy walk on some big hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment