Friday 27 July 2012

The only way is Tudor

I'd been promising Bob a night out at the Sugar Hut for ages so before I left Chingford I thought I'd better oblige in some way. I'm not so much a night owl these days so we settled on brunch for a tour of Essex.
Unfortunately once over the border I quickly reverted to type and ditched the lip gloss for food and a history trip. I was always more Anne Boleyn than Amy Childs.

We stumbled on Queen Elizabeth's hunting lodge/drinking hut and settled down for a brunch of epic proportions. Three drinks please (tea, orange, water fyi)! Only the best for the ladies of my court.

The hunting lodge was built for by Henry VIII when he was too obese to hunt. He would sit upstairs at the window and once his staff had shooed the deer close by he would shoot his arrows at them. I went one better by shooing the deers right inside. What a shot!





No comments:

Post a Comment