Monday 6 August 2012

Spania-hard

Dear diary,

Spain is proving a little more difficult than I imagined. Firstly, when I arrived and I unpacked to change my clothes I realised that a large bar of chocolate had melted over half my clothes, and a full bottle of antiseptic gel over the other. What was it to be? Too clean or too dirty? I plumped for dirty as the antiseptic smells more funny, and went to carry on my day. This proved to be a fitting choice as I soon got to grips with the number one snack of the Spanish.



Magdelenas a.k.a muffins torn into chunks and dropped right in chocolate milk, soaked, and spooned out. It is quite messy. I looked on aghast the first time. They have it for breakfast, after lunch, as a snack about 6 or 7 and often after supper at 11ish.

The family have all been very sweet to me. My NBF is 10 year old Miguel as he can speak some English and is generally my translator. When he is playing Sims I am mute. The 7 year old, Javier speaks streams of Spanish to me. I understood it when he said movie vampido. I'm hoping that means I get to watch the new Twilight.

So far we have played monopoly and watched cartoons. I am enjoying physical comedy more and more. Oh we also went swimming and they tried to improve my backward and forward rolls underwater. They said, "don't worry, you've got two months to learn..."

I think I'm still coughing up chlorine.



No comments:

Post a Comment