Wednesday 15 May 2013

Amsterdam Plats du Jour

 Breakfast: After Bob's best sleep ever (she likes me staring at her over the pillow barrier as she drifts off) we picked up some tomatoes and a baguette to go with Marina's eggs and fresh coffee. Well, why stop at using her house, soap and perfume.
Then we spent an hour taking photos of us in a cherry blossom tree. Then as the antidote to that we cycled to the sex area. Pretty scary. I got frozen with panic in a street where everywhere we turned had an worn out lady wriggling and tapping on the windows. I just couldn't move! It was like they were in cages. Very traumatic. I'd only run down that street to see a pretty church. And there were huge footballer mobs just round the corner. I showed Bob my favourite clean lines vibrator range to soothe her before we pedalled back as fast as her little legs would let us.

Lunch: To readdress the gender inequality balance we played the top five hot nationalities game at a cafe. We did this whilst eating a really good coconut and oreo biscuit cake and talking loudly about some well bred Dutch men sitting at the next table enjoying a casual Sunday morning coffee. They all look like they were hand reared by Mono from goats milk and dandelions. So smooth skinned and healthy. 
Then we cycled to somewhere nearby where I knew I wanted to go but I couldn't remember why. So we cycled to a mystery location address. More fun that way. A nice man pointed out a closed 18th century distillery. I knew I had good taste. 
We then went to the park for the Liberation of Amsterdam celebration festival. Although I'm afraid my anti food liberation stance left much to be desired. I wouldn't let Bob eat until we had assessed every single lunch stall. We ended up with some hammy mustard baps and a wait of twenty minutes for a mojito because Bob forgot to speak at the counter. 

Dinner: I packed us up a really nice picnic for the ferry of cheese and tomato salad sandwich, strawberries, and lemon fanta. After eating and watching Dirty Dancing and the ferry kennels channel tv in our bunks, we went to the bar and shared a shot of "oily" Dutch gin. Bob surprisingly didn't like her straight half a shot so I drank hers too. With sugar and lime. 

We agreed that we had had a very nice time. As we fell asleep Bob said to me, 'I can't believe we nearly had a threesome on a Stena Line." Well, Bob... You're just lucky I've been practising my assertiveness and can say no for both of us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment