Thursday 9 May 2013

London keeled over

My holiday dived into a good start on Friday when I went swimming with Alex in London Fields Lido. The sun was hot so I could work on my face AND my body whilst lapping no one, the sky was blue, and there was cherry blossom scattering itself down into my eyes making me even more scared of bumping into other swimmers.
There was a raucous group of Polish men who either seemed very uncoordinated or liked trying to touch me in the deep end. The Polish have always been fond of me. They can spot the memory of a winter puffa jacket even under water. I probably smell of down and nylon.

I managed 38 lengths in Alex's 45. In the midlands swimming pool i'd attended recently I'd done 50 in 35 minutes. I complained to Bob later that the water felt thicker in London Fields, and she pointed out that it was probably tight with scenester sperm. Very difficult to doggy paddle through.

Half way through swimming Alex joined me at the side and apologised for it not being a very social activity. But I didn't mind. I kept forgetting where I even was. I would come to when a suspiciously fast and aggressive child mowed me down and then realise that I wasn't just in the bath. "Oh HI again Alex, I forgot you were here, drown face, sad face, see you in another two lengths".


No comments:

Post a Comment