Wednesday 25 March 2015

Fake bake


Louis made us a delish lentil bake with carrots, roast potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli. My only problem with it was that I couldn't stop eating it. 

In the kitchen later when I was meant to be washing up I kept picking at the leftovers. 

"Will you take this away from me please?" I called out mournfully. 

"Why don't you try exercising some self control?"

Sad face. 

"It'll expand in your stomach and you'll feel bad then."

"You'll feel worse in bed later if that happens. It's within your interests to physically stop me I think" I replied. 


But help didn't come.

The next day poor Louis was poorly so was home whilst I worked. About midday he emerged blinking in the light for some nourishment. Uhoh. I had been looking forward to the leftovers as lunch. There wasn't enough for two.

"Don't you know you're meant to starve a cold my sweet? I'd get back to bed if I were you and not eat all day."

"Really? But I'm hungry. "

"Yep. Trust me. I'm 1/4 a doctor remember."

No comments:

Post a Comment