Monday 21 March 2016

A grape lot of bother

Sometimes the urge to do something I know I shouldn't is so strong. Like stepping off the tube platform, or dropping my phone down a drain, or posting some dog poo through a letter box.

I texted Louis this and he said replied DO IT. 

Well, well, well, he's not so encouraging usually. Usually he makes me stick to the letter. If he asks me what we're making for dinner so he can buy ingredients, and I approximate and say we just need one thing as I'm sure we can find the rest in the cupboard, he insists on seeing the recipe so he can halt me substituting coriander for parsley, peppers for aubergine, tinned anchovies for smoked salmon. 

Happily he wasn't around when I was making Ottolenghi's grape,cheddar and parsley roasted cauliflower salad. As I was telling him about it later on the phone I said, oh but I didn't have grapes, or cheddar, and I forgot to put the parsley in. 
Apparently the rule is if the ingredient is in the title you have to put it in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment