Friday 1 April 2011

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,

bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens..."

NO NO NO Maria. Sssh. Those are not my favourite things. My favourite things are carbs.

"Gravy drops on potatoes, and chocolate on creme cakes. Bright buttery croissants, and warm plates of risotto balls. Big wedges of lasagne tied up with cheeeeese. These are a few of my favourite things!"

Ah yes. I think you'll find only those will soothe the pain of a dog bite (not that Lexie would ever do that to anything else but vulnerable nesting birds), and soak up the tears of my leaving for New York with their absorbent carby textures*.

* p.s yes this is yet another month overdue blog. I'm surprised this blog hasn't gone as past it as the bread I left in the cupboard for two weeks.

Anyway, right before I went away I went for breakfast at Ottolenghi. I had a heavy plate of french toast and my fellow diner El had a whole carb board.

The bread board even comes with its own toaster to the table. And a trough of butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment