Saturday 9 April 2011

Tea for two

Was meant to go on a first date quite a few weeks ago but I was having such a nice time having tea at Roast's house that I bunkered down in his lap and stayed all day fed only on scones and jam and Rhoddas clotted cream.

No, that's a dream. I did go on the date post elevenses with Roast, but as it wasn't that interesting I'll spin you a new tale as fast as Jess spins soap dishes out of old plastic bags*.

*And lets just say we've got a few..

So Roasty and I baked some fresh scones like we were straight out of an
Enid Blyton book. We ate them all whilst licking the last flakes of dough off each other and
chatting about how cute
we looked with jam in our hair. Roasty then brewed us some Earl Grey to wash it all down. He accidentally spiked mine with sugar which I don't usually like (I'm sweet enough you see) but I was so raspberry jammed up that I couldn't even notice the difference. Then we just fell asleep in a heap like kittens.

What a dream day!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment