Thursday 27 June 2013

A chilli feeling!

 In this week's paper Hugh suggested that we have our avocado sliced in a salad with strawberries, but this was vetoed.
We wanted to use the avocadoes instead in Angela Hartnett's crab cakes recipe. I make it my business always to cook the recipes of those who I wouldn't mind looking like. Angela will do. Hugh will not. The less said about James Martin the better!

We started making the crab cakes and it seemed quite easy and neat. Mix the crab meat with chopped spring onion and chopped ginger and chilli. Shape into balls (I hate the word patty as much as James Martin's hips), and coat first in flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs.

Unfortunately I think Hugh had probably cursed me as about halfway through I got most of the 1 tsp of finely chopped chilli on my hands. Then on my eyes. Then in every (large) pore on my face. Then in every cut on my finger (and I'd been gardening that day). Hugh is such a witch!

To appease him I approximated his recipe for my pudding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment