Sunday 9 June 2013

Feverfew


 Now I'm not saying it was anything to do with what she'd eaten the night before but the day after dinner at Chaz's, Bob was very sick throughout. I was doing some unemployed shoe shopping in Westfield when I got the call. "I'm very sick. Can I come asap? I'm assuming you'll be a better nurse than Haddrell." I dropped my credit cards with a clatter onto the till, only stopping to drop the shoes into a bag, and rushed home.

Of course it then took her three hours to commute to me during which I had time to power through my own sudden onset mystery illness (i'm just So empathetic) to whip her up some dubious looking soup and pudding, and get a stack of cold compresses on ice.

She eventually tumbled through the door in a pile of sick, protesting about anything but a mouthful of soup. Totally understand. More for me!

It was quite disconcerting her rushing off to be violently sick every 20 minutes but we could carry on our chatting through the toilet door, and she was so perky afterwards. "OOh that was so nice and minty when it came back up."

Remembering that Bob liked herbal remedies I thoughtfully incorporated some flower petals into dessert. She'd suffered from migraines terribly as a child until some incompetent friendly local GP had nodded and winked some herbs through to Mono. They were called Feverfew. Handy!

Mono would give her tablets but her Grandma just dug up the plants and put them on her morning toast! Eurgh bitter.

Scouring the garden I thought Bob would probably more enjoy Forget Me Nots on her fruit salad and yoghurt.

And well, she certainly won't forget this evening in a hurry!






No comments:

Post a Comment