Wednesday 8 February 2012

Perfect 10

Had a wild night out last night* for Bob's 125th birthday. We went to the Birdcage for kareoke. And yes, I performed.
I did a duet of the Beautiful South with Roast, and an extravagant solo performance of Jennifer Paige Crush. It went down a storm. To boos and howls..
Utterly traumatised I didn't even notice when I was bundled into a taxi and woke up to my surprise in Croyden. Oh! When did we cross the channel?

But I'm very adaptable so I bunkered down happily on my airbed and didn't awake until the morning when David Haddrell summoned me in for the extra special birthday ceremony.

I clambered into the parental bed and we sang the birthday song and gave Bob her cards and presents. Then, after betting account 40A had made the ladies some money for the day, Dave took us out for breakfast at http://www.bishopsgatekitchen.com/

We had a sumptious full breakfast, with not one but TWO drinks, which as everyone knows is the lap of luxury.





*It's with a yawn of resignation that I reluctantly point out to you that it was not last night, nor the one before, no indeed the week before. I'm a slow blogger alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment