Monday 1 April 2013

Fish out of water

I accidentally lost 5lbs in India. Quite a coup compared to the 200g of an India travelling friend. Ro says I should then try to keep it off my luxury body with more exercise. So far this week we've gone for a morning hour walk and an afternoon run. The first day was 15 minutes due to falling into a very muddy trench, but yesterday's turned into what seemed like a day and a half. She had me running up and down the field with Lexie, shouting "Come on hurry up, the faster you do this the faster you can get home to that New Girl series 2 which is buffering.."

She's running a half marathon soon so she wants to be fit, whilst all I want to do is to be fit enough to walk up the stairs to my bubble bath.

To cheer us up we made a nice supper of river cobbler fish (whatever that is, sustainable sushmainable, I want cod) cooked in what dregs of white wine we could prise out of Mum's work tired hands. We had it swimming alongside sweet little carrots, and parsnip mash.

No comments:

Post a Comment