Tuesday 13 April 2010

Can't dampen our fun!

Over Easter I was lying low from the clients at Granny's, playing treehouses, making campfires, not going on facebook, and other sorts of wholesome Enid Blyton style pursuits.
Even though it was a little drizzly the cousins and I donned our boiler suits (we didn't want to get our London clothes muddy) and spent the whole weekend in the great outdoors.
Not sure if you've planted a wood on your land but if you have here is a great recipe for some doughy treats to toast over a campfire in your glade.


Dampers:
8 tablespoons of bread flour
200ml of water
a bit of salt

Mix all together and fashion into marshmallow size shapes on the end of sticks. Make your campfire and rest the sticks over it.
They're really tasty. We melted some easter egg in a tin over the fire and dipped them in. Mum had to tie lexy up with my long socks to stop him jumping into the fire to reach them! They must have smelt delicious.

Yesterday when I was getting ready for a party Lewis came into the room and said, 'hmm is someone BBQing outside?' Unfortunately I had to admit that it was just the Fran Fro sizzling as the last curls were singed in but it did for a few seconds happily transport me back to my damper fun.

Better dash as I want to get in some 90210 before work.

Laters kids xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment