Tuesday 27 April 2010

A rocky night

After an evening of inter-resident quarrel mediation and creative discouragement to one from the path of prostitution for a tenner, I was extremely sleepy yesterday. Unfortunately I had to wait until midday today to get my sleep. Now those who know will me will be crying out. Are you okay? Where are your 14 hours??
Don't fret. I've discovered post night shifts that I can usually substitute 30 minutes of sleep for something sweet and find my self near raring to go! Little tip there actually for all you party animals.
What you could do actually is bake these very easy rock buns before you go out for the night (cook with a friend so it still counts as sociale). Just remember to pop an apron over your glad rags yah.
Rock buns:

Ingredients
200g (8 oz) Self Raising Flour
100g (4 oz) Butter
100g (4 oz) Sugar
75g (3 oz) Currants
4 Eggs, Orange zest, Some spicy bits (wasn't quite looking at what granny put in)

Method
(1) Mix flour , sugar, fat. (2) Stir in the sugar and currants, zest and spicy bits. (3) Mix to a stiff dough with the egg.
(4) Place in "rocky heaps" on a greased baking tray. (5) Bake in the oven at 200°C, 400°F or Gas Mark 6, for 15-20 minutes.

Granny and I made 36 so discounting 6 she kept to give her gardener that means I've eaten my way back to a sleep restored mind this afternoon.

Lucky I had this fix as I have to go out this evening. To a cake party of all things! I hope I don't OD.

Talk soon mon cheres xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment