Tuesday 13 April 2010

Switch me on!

After a gruelling weekend of picnics and partying chased up with an early Sunday shift (I was a very little bit sick in my mouth twice at work) all I wanted was a health boosting dinner in the company of my morale boosting friends. And what could be more invigorating than a menu of POWER PITTAS? After a few of these I nearly felt like I could go again. I harvested mushrooms, peppers (of all colours), halloumi, and courgette from the Co-op and Marky melded them all together with some herbs and spices in a wok. We also were brimming with tzatzkiikiii (yog, chopped mint, cucumber) courtesy of Chazzi's fair hands. Bob fetched us bowls and the others provided extra sides of company.

Gosh aren't they tucking in well? The room was so full of the near silence of munching I half expected a Dad to pipe up, 'oh i can tell this is good!'

Afterwards we had not one but two delicious cakes that Chazzle had dazzled us with. One chocolate, one strawberry cream to tear into.
Don't I look like I could never make a food or drink based mistake in this photo?
Well Cath Kidston dresses can be deceiving.. It was my job to rustle up 8 cups of teas to go with this and I failed miserably. The water was barely simmering and floating on the top were suds from the dishwasher. I'd just been so eager to get back to the gang I just didn't have time to do it properly!
Bob and I still drank ours. She's very sweet to me and having had gastroenteretc recently was probably inoculated from it. Suds away!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment