Wednesday 14 July 2010

Complexie carbohydrates


When I heard a crash in the night I put it down to gang fighting or abuse downstairs and didn't bother to investigate, sleepily forgetting that I was firmly ensconced in the countryside. Come morning you can imagine my amusement on discovering that the noise had been Lexie knocking three bowls of crisps and pretzels off the side. He'd successfully licked every ceramic shard clean in the pursuit of crisps without even hurting his poor tongue or paws.

Later on mum found him chomping on something hard under the table. It turned out to be a large slab of Shropshire blue cheese he'd whisked away. Couldn't even get his mouth round all six ounces to eat it properly. What a waste.

Unlike him I did finish all of my food from this wonderful spread. There were homemade rolls, pie, saffron cous cous, roasted tomatoes and peppers. But watch out mum. Look who's under the table!
I was very careful to keep him out of the lake when we went for a walk. Didn't want him gobbling up another gosling for pud. He definitely wasn't getting any of our truffle torte.

No comments:

Post a Comment