Friday 23 July 2010

Floats my boat!

Recently one of my favourite northerners came to sample all that London had to offer. Food wise, we stuck to what we knew. Didn't want to scare him off! The first night we got 241 pizza at my favourite SU bar in Angel, then frozen yoghurt from Camden passage before croggehing home wildly. Couldn't get the bus. That's a week's rent in Liverpool.

The next day we arose and stocked up on a pile of french toast, bacon,
bananas and maple syrup. Fully sugared up we walked to the British library to see Maps, before sauntering onwards to the Skin exhibition at the Wellcome collection.
Although I didn't believe I could keep any food down after some of the disturbing scenes in the latter my thoughts, and mouth, kept straying to the crusty baguette in my bag. But where to demolish what was left of it?

We decided to take to the waters and eat our luncheon whilst sailing round the Serpentine in Hyde Park.
I did the sandwich making (and most of the eating), Dave did the rowing.

When our tummies and our allotted boat time were full up we wriggled out and off to explore the meadows of Hyde park. Aside from the couples having affairs in the long grass the best sight we stumbled across was a field of teepees! I knew if I did enough boating round river bends I'd turn into Pocohontas eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment