Saturday 24 July 2010

Eton Messy

My work day was lifted out of the duldrums when I had a lovely text from Marky suggesting we make a special meal together. If I hadn't been currently engaging in my 'nail painting' activity with the clients I would have replied brimming with enthusiasm immediately. But even I recognise that my iPhone surface doesn't need the addition of bubble gum polish.
It's no moisturiser or candle wax (thank you Alex and Sashy for that screen care advice)!
Anyway, I flew home via Sainsburys and in no time at all we were away.
We were making barley, garlic and tomato risotto. Well, Mark was. I mostly just chatted to him whilst he chopped endless amounts of garlic.
You probably want the recipe but it's in the kitchen and i'm in my bed so it's a bit far away. It was one of the Guardian weekend Ottolenghi ones.
It was really delish. The best bit was that Harrie had come round for dinner and she wasn't very hungry so I got to eat hers too!



For pudding I flung together a strawberry fool. Mostly all over the floor and surfaces but we salvaged some and everyone declared it delicious. Well.. more like posh fromage frais unforch after all that work but never mind. It was pulverised strawbs, mixed with melty lemony sugar mixture, swirled into beaten double cream.

No one wanted to have their picture taken for it. Dashy's face was too sunburnt to be put next to pink. Harrie's hair ditto. Marky had no excuse. He would've been the perfect backdrop.

After a night in the fridge it really was delish though. As I spooned it out of the bowl into tupperwear for my work lunch the next day I accidentally ate most of the spoonfuls!

No comments:

Post a Comment