Tuesday 28 August 2012

Face like vinegar

Today I survived on 2 hours of sleep thanks to the oppressive heat. It was awful. Worse, was that the sweet family didn't believe it was just lack of sleep that was the problem. They thought they couldn't understand me. At one point I ended up being sat down to have my blood pressure taken at the local pharmacy. I had thought we were going to the beach.
"Esta fantastico". Yes I know, I'm just TIRED.

It was a very upsetting day. When i'm feeling bad I start to interpret things negatively. So, Cristobal forgets to ask me if I want a drink whilst we're go-karting, and i think, "well Ana did buy me some new shoes earlier, and that's quite a lot, so maybe that's the only thing I'm allowed today." Or they don't think that I might want a yoghurt for pudding at lunch, so I think "maybe they hate me." It's ever so confusing.

It's times like this that I really need to stop and cool down with some fresh Gazpacho. C's friend Oscar made it for us. It's got watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, vinegar, red pepper, salt&pepper, and oil. It really soothed my fretful head.


And the best thing? The name doesn't need interpreting!




No comments:

Post a Comment