Monday 27 August 2012

Riding off into the sunset

It is nearly midnight, I am back in Madrid, and I am meant to be relaxing before bed as I have started not sleeping well if I don't. I've banned myself from internet before bed as I just get too excited emailing  my darlings! Unfort, worse than this, I'm not even typing up the blog posts I lovingly wrote about five times a day whilst I was at the beach for two weeks without internet.
Instead I have got distracted reading the blog of a certain 'Nev' who was at school with us. He is having an even better time than me on his travels. He has got engaged to a Vietnamese lady after some loving google translate dates. Gosh, I'd better get started. No more letting no language knowledge get in the way of me.



I did a bit of practise talking to Spanish men today. Javier even commented "you talk a lot." I figured this was the way most conversations go.

"We do bike?"
"Yes"
"Ok, you carry mine, and yours"
"My pleasure, my sweet Javier"
"Ok, we jump off this?" (a step).
"Yes"
"Nooooo, you do it wrong. I do it more bueno!"
"You mean better?"
"Yes! You do it wrong. I show you."
He showed me. It looked exactly the same.  
I tried again. 
"Noooooo, that is bad. You bad girl".
I lolled against the wall pretending to watch his superiority. 
"You have to do it like thisssss"
This went on for twenty minutes until I did it right.
"Ok now we ride, I have to go first."
"Granted".

p.s Nev, if you happen to stumble across my blog I promise I'm not really making fun, I wish you well, and I'm sorry about that time that I spoilt your happiness at school, by asking you to go to Morrisons with me at break time when I knew full well that Lara Melting Face Girl wanted to ask you out at that exact time, thus foiling her just to amuse myself.

p.s.s If anyone else wants to follow his exploits: http://allnevneedsishislifeinasuitcase.wordpress.com/
It's possibly more interesting than mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment