Saturday 18 August 2012

Surprise!

One thing I have been unnerved at is how many things the children cheat at:

1)Monopoly
2)Gran Turismo
3)Card games
4)Swimming races
5)Dodge ball
6)Basketball
7)Switching films back into Spanish after five seconds

I think I just forgot what it was like to be a child. I guess they know they can never match me for strength, wit, speed, or patience, so they have to force luck onto their side.

Another surprise I had today was that there was pineapple in the pasta salad! Little twirls of pasta, a creamy sauce, and pineapple! As we have such a big lunch we mostly eat leftovers with chorizo for supper, and unsurprisingly I declined the later go at it. I'd rather go and lick the melted chocolate off the remaining clothes in my bag.

p.s actually i'm cheating now. The food is still an absolute dream, and the children are mostly very sweet. They figured out it was more fun to get me to judge games, than try to claw back dignity in swimming races, so we get along fine with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment