Tuesday 14 August 2012

Feeling flan-orn

It is very disconcerting being asked if I want to do something and having to smile and say yes, without knowing what it is. One of the things the children ask is, 'Fransays, do you want to play play?'
Today it turned out to be Gran Turismo.
It unfortunately makes me car sick as they've got a big screen and it's very realistic. A bit of sick actually hit my throat as they sped round Monoco. Chorizo again.

Another problem is the subtleties of meal times. I can never tell when I agree or decline something what the others are going. Sometimes I end up with a starter whilst everyone else has a main, another time everyone waited for me whilst I had a pudding and no one else did. At a very nice restaurant the other day I was determined not to be caught out, so answered just ice cream to the pudding offer. I thought, at least it will be quick if no one else is eating.

Alas, I was delivered an over frozen Feast bar, whilst the others tucked into 'flan, egg custard with a biscuit on top, fruit, and a light cheesecake with jam on top.' If you want to embarass a guest by recreating these meals, the recipes are below:

Actually, just the pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment