Tuesday 19 March 2013

Going bananas

Today I've had five bananas. I'm worried I'm going to get potassium poisoning. Dido once recounted in an interview her greatest fear, which was the above. She traumatised me for life about them.
We might die anywhere here. Mum just asked us to move further away from the bonfire as the manager of this "hotel" poured more pure alcohol on the flames. Maybe it's slightly better out here than being in the damp wooden cabin with wet beds from a leaking roof, and the carcasses of unidentifiable spiders carpetting the floor. 
We're in the hills of Munnar. It's an area rich with cardamon, tea, cashews and confusion. We're staying in a valley in the middle of nowhere. We're the only guests at this place and the only staff are three single men who like to watch us eat our bananas. 
Oh great. Power cut. I wonder if Mum and Ro can see my SOS torch distress calls through the bonfire smoke. Oh well. If they don't materialise then there's more supper for me. 

We had peas masala, aloo jeera, paneer something and rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment