Tuesday 26 March 2013

Where is my daaling?

We have come to the most idyllic beach I've ever seen, in a coast town called Alleppey. The sugar gold sand has hardly any visitors, just shady palms and the warm sea lapping its edge.
Ro is sunbathing in the sun's full glare whilst I prefer the preventative cancer treatment of not only lolling in the shade but burying ever exposed skin area in sand. I'm pretty camouflaged. Mum is busy doing Mum stuff like guarding the stuff and getting hot enough to swim later. 

Sunbathing is blissful to Ro. She has cheered up this morning when she was a little irritated. Apparently not only was I sleep talking again but in the early hours I awoke and started dramatically searching for her, convinced she'd been McCanned. She keeps reenacting two large Fran claws grabbing down on her unaware sleeping form, like in an arcade machine. 

Lunch also soothed her at first. We had daal and bean curry, with rice, and popadoms. I like to smash my pop into my meal. Ro winced. Uhoh. The loud smash noise must be bringing back memories of the night.. crash crash grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment