Sunday 13 December 2009

AH Cava bien merci! Et Vous?

Spent a lovely weekend in Liverpool with James, Dave, Hayden, Leils and Sarah.
Went on the ferry which was loads of fun. The water was beautiful in the silver winter sun. Later, continuing the nautical theme we feasted on an absolute ocean of smoked salmon pasta which slipped down nicely with a few bottles of cava bien.

Sarah made it wonderfully. Her recipe was: Soften garlic in olive oil, add blanched chopped tomatoes, cook both in white wine and double cream (a safe amount of both), tomato puree (just enough to tickle it pink), wait for a moment and add the smoked salmon and finely chopped dill.
Ladle over spaghetti and eat. I think this is a really great quick weekday supper as it doesn't take too much cooking- mostly mixing.

We then played Cranium which was fun and I learnt a new word from it. Frangible. It means breakable. Really pleased to add to my selection of words I can put my name into. Frantastic has just about taken off as a nickname.

This by the way was a Frantasy breakfast. MMmm. I really enjoy egg and croissant together. Alex says this is like saying, 'I really like chips and new potatoes together..' Whatevs. I haven't listened to his croissant advice since he shamed me out of slathering butter on my all butter croissant. Oh, Alex is pressuring me to FRANtically hurry the blog post up so he's got something to read so I better go as the pressure has made me so anxious I can't think what else I ate this weekend.













Sweet slumber, shortbreads xxxxxxxx

1 comment: