Tuesday 8 December 2009

I like to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food!


(I don't usually talk in cliches- it just seemed appropriate). Have just polished off an absolutely beautiful spaghetti bolognaise made by moi. Finely sliced celery, onion, and carrot. One of each. Did them a bit then added the quorn mince. I usually cook with quorn because it's cheaper (and healthier for all you health conscious beauties) and I think I actually prefer it in bolognaise to meat. Probably because it's familiar as Mum has always used it. Then I put a cup of white wine in. Then two glasses of beef stock. Then Marky came in to the kitchen and let me have about a third of a bottle of red wine in it. Roasty was only getting to mine for 9 after work so I had about 40 mins to simmer it all together with the lid on whilst Sashy, Alex, Mark and I chatted in the living room (Jim's room, sorry Jim). Roasty then arrived with some cream for our pudding so I added a bit of that. Then spooned it over the spaghetti and let people add their own grated cheese.
We ate it so quickly I didn't have a chance to take a photo of it but this is the aftermath. It was extremely tasty.

We're having blackberry and apple pie and mince pies with cream for pud pud but I have to stop blogging as we're watching Wall-E and it's VERY visual.

Luckily I don't have too much else to tell as I only tidied my room and had my bath today. Didn't fancy leaving the house. Marky came back at 3 and I glumly told him I didn't have anything to do. He said, 'well can't you have your bath?' But I'd already had it!

Bye for now jam tarts xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment