Wednesday 16 December 2009

Oh it was Chilli!

Last night Sashy and Roasty came round and then we relocated to Sashy's house because our dvd player was requesting a parental password for the Grinch. Not sure what that was about! Was well fun zipping to Marylebone in the car. Got a completely different restricted steamed up window view of it so it was like I was on holiday. Familiar but not. Like when you go to a European city.
We had a nice sleepover. I retired to the sofa bed a little earlier than sashy and roasty and was serenaded to not quite sleep by their melodic chatter and lady ga ga renditions. They're very good. First time I've ever
eaten in my sleep. I could vaguely hear that they were making toast so I thrust my arm up from the midsts of my coverlet like the Lady of the Lake to recieve it. The butter dripped down my arm very realistically.

In the morning we got up and had a sausage sandwich.

Sausage Sandwich: Cook sausages, put in some bread. Roasty included lots of butter as his tip and even put his sandwich in the microwave so it would get extra melty. Mm. Perfect energy boost for a day on the Oxford street tiles.

We met up with Elle and Blondie and Rory and went to the National Portrait Gallery and had a coffee in Pret. Then we all (apart from B and R who went home) went to a few shops and saw the Christmas displays and played with the life size teddies in Hamleys. Riding the horse was fun.
There was a flurry of snow which made it excitingly Christmassy. We felt quite frequently like we were in a Christmas film- a feeling which was only improved by spotting Rupert Everett and following him a little tiny bit. Roasty was much more sensible and opted out of the latter. I think he was a bit embarassed by Elle and I giggling and getting flustered. As Elle pointed out I was hardly inconspicuous in my red puffa jacket.

Mark made a chilli for dinner. He's watching a Woody Allen film now, like i'm supposed to be, so i can't ask him what in particular he did. I'm sure it was a basic recipe with a few special twists (because it was extra nice) and with fun presentation.

Bye for now, my little sparkles xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Haha loved the bit about toast in your sleep like the Lady of the Lake. You didn't mention Rupert Everett!

    ReplyDelete