Sunday 15 August 2010

Shrimp and save

At home being doleful this evening I was delighted to receive an invite from a fellow food writer for dinner. Well my drink date was being sick so I had a window.
Have you eaten? Oh no, I pitifully replied. Well, apart from that other dinner I had at four. But curry, rice and poppadoms don't really count. I've got to eat lots and often as I don't know where my next meal is coming from. I'm just like Oliver.

Luckily I was scooped up off the streets and right into a bowl of brown shrimp risotto with broad beans and pea shoots. One tub of mascarpone, one tub of shrimps, lots of rice and some wine I nicked from Netto. I've dreamt about tasting a brown shrimp since I cut out a picture of Waitrose potted brown shrimps and stuck it in my scrap book when I was but a scrap myself. It's like all my dreams are coming true at once:
Pudding was a squidgy three chocolate brownie. A Stork tub was being used for storage like we were back at Primary school and Bob was growing up too fast. Erm Miss...

Sleep tight my darlings xxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment