Wednesday 4 August 2010

Soft soft soft

Had a bit of a disappointment the other day. I've been very much taken by this jar of apricots in vodka sitting in our fridge for a good four months. They just look really soft. I was waiting and waiting for Marky to open them so I could have/steal one. Then the other day when we were hanging out in the kitchen together he spotted they had gone a bit mouldy and so before I could blink had chucked them unopened into the bin.

My heart sank to the bottom of the bin with them.

But don't fret. This tale of dreams gone bad has a happy ending. Now, I've been lusting after a particular type of marshmallow since 2009. I had lots of time and a RA members card and managed to rack up a visit to the Anish Kapoor exhibition a grand ten times. Opposite is Fortnum and Mason and I would slide across to lunch from the cheese, bread/dip, and pie taster sections, and gaze lovingly at the glass fronted piles of mallows. But they were seventy pence each and I was unemployed so it wasn't to be.

Cut to ten months later. DB and I went for a Sunday coffee at the towpath cafe and whilst dipping our toes in the cooling canal she presented me with the luxury treat of one whole marshmallow with real raspberry bits in it.

Oh she treats me well. I'll just have to find a new food crush now to not try till 2015. Keeps me busy!

xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment