Tuesday 12 January 2010

And my tart was filled with joy

Had a wonderful evening on Sunday with all the London family at the flat. I made a quiche with mash and roasted cherry tomatoes. Accompanied by lots of help from Bob, Chazzy and Alex.
I rolled out my ready made pastry and lined a tart dish with it. Then I cooked broccoli, onion and leeks and mixed that with beaten eggs and milk and tipped all that into the dish. Oh I blind baked the pastry for a bit. Then put the whole thing into the oven for what seemed like ages probably because it wasn't up high enough. Eventually it swelled up and we had a delicious and healthy treat.
Afterwards we had jam tarts with the scraps of the pastry and Blue Granny's homemade jam. A few jam tarts got broccoli bits in as for some reason the florets got EVERYWHERE but no one seemed to mind. Just makes more of their five a day!


The next day Roasty and I strode out early to see Sashy at Selfridges and had some good chats and nibbles of the Chromehearts chocolate stash. In the Wonder room I commented that I wished they wouldn't put the jewels in those staid glass cabinets and Roasty replied, 'I know babes, I don't see why. We're precious and we're not in glass cabinets.' Oh aren't we just. Then we went to the Royal Academy and saw two amazing shows. One was about climate change and in the picture below Roast is standing in a light waterfall. He is very precious.

Watching a film now that annoyingly has subtitles so i'd better go and look at the screen.

Bye for now my picture perfects xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment